Raising a child is no joke as it comes with lots of challenges that could put any mother in frenzy so, to stay sane, solutions are sought after. One challenge almost every mother goes through is the teething period. As much as you can’t wait to see those tiny white things pop out, you are probably not ready for the recurring tears and fever.
In the search for a solution, we stumbled on the amber teething bracelet (or necklace) and after a brief research on it, we discovered that the amber beads are actually from the Baltic origin which makes it a natural remedy. However, just like many other natural remedies, people have been skeptical about it and dismissed the use of it with the conclusion that it is mere placebo.
Thanks to mothers who gave it a try, we can confidently say that the bracelet is no placebo. It is, in fact, a pain reliever and stimulant. The small beads made from Baltic amber release succinic acid which is said to douse pain, when heated. As the name suggests, the bracelet is placed on the neck, NOT IN THE MOUTH. It is warmed by the body temperature and the succinic acid released is then absorbed by the skin.
But that’s not all. Here are other benefits the amber bracelet offers:
- The necklace is said to have inflammatory properties which reduce the swelling of the baby’s gums while the teeth push their way out.
- It is believed to stimulate the thyroid gland and reduce drooling so your baby’s clothes stay dry.
- Succinic acid is said to be a pain reliever so it soothes the pains associated with teething.
- Baltic amber is known to hasten the healing of wounds and bruises.
- As a pain reliever and stimulant, the bracelet reduces the irritation that babies get while teething.
But before you race to the market to get an Amber bracelet, there are precautions you should take. A few mothers have reported complications after using the bracelet but these issues can be prevented. Here’s how:
- Buy a bracelet that is not so tight. You can measure this by placing two fingers between the bracelet and the baby’s neck.
- You also should not get one that is too long. The baby should not be able to put the necklace in his mouth while it dangles from his neck.
- Check to ensure that the beads are knotted individually. In case of a break, the beads won’t be all out on the floor.
- Ask the vendor if it’s unpolished. Polished beads are less likely to work (which may be why others see it is a placebo).
Mothers who have used it can attest to its qualities. Some mothers even get matching bracelets for them and their babies because its effects are not limited to infants alone. They come in bright colors that make babies admire them (even without knowing why they have them on).
So scratch the first part of what we said. Motherhood can actually be so much fun.
Sunny Honey Amber Necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Add to cart
Mysterious Cognac Amber Necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Add to cart
Morning Frost Honey Raw Amber Necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Add to cart
Multi Joy Raw Amber Necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Add to cart
Raw Cherry amber necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Read more
Cognac Turquoise Amber Necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Add to cart
Lemon Rose Amber Necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Add to cart
Raw Rainbow amber necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Add to cart
Morning Frost Cognac Amber Necklace + Bracelet$39.99 Add to cart