Guides on how to care for your amber teething necklace
This involves keeping the amber in good condition at the same time keeping it hygienic for your baby by avoiding contamination
- Cleaning it properly: Cleaning the amber teething necklace is very important to maintain good hygiene and keep it in good condition over time, however, it is also important to know how to clean your amber necklace since it is fragile. The right way to clean your amber teething necklace is to do so regularly with a soft cloth and soapy lukewarm water and it should be air dried to avoid discoloration. Each bead on the necklace should be cleaned individually and the necklace can also be polished with olive oil from time to time with your hand or cotton.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight: Direct sunlight has been found to be harmful to amber, because of the excess UV rays that damage them and the heat. Therefore, the amber teething necklace should be kept away from direct sunlight and not worn to places like the spa.
- Keep it away from chemicals that may ruin it: Amber is very sensitive to chemicals, so it is advisable to keep the amber teething necklace from extreme chemicals included in cosmetics and household cleaners. To do this, make it a point to keep it away from any lotion, solvents, chemicals or anything that may leave remnants behind. Also, avoid wearing the amber teething necklace in the spa and pool as this can weaken the necklace due to the chlorine in the water.
- Regularly inspect the necklace: Inspect the amber teething necklace regularly for cracks and damage to prevent the baby from swallowing any residue left on it. This will prevent the baby from swallowing the residue to avoid choking.
- Keep it away from surfaces that can scratch it: Keep the amber teething necklace away from the hard surface and away from other pieces of jewelry as this can scratch the amber.
In conclusion, it is important that the amber teething necklaces are taken care of properly as it will take care of you. Some people even believe that the amber teething necklace can be used to ease pain from arthritis, rheumatism, muscles, and joints. Get the amber teething necklace for your baby, you never know when he will need it or better still you could be needing it.